I created this curry chicken salad to use part of a rotisserie chicken that I had no other plans for and wanted to jazz it up! I purchased some butter lettuce leaves from Trader Joe’s and put a little scoop of this salad on top for a quick grab and go lunch! Mmmm… so delicious!
What’s also awesome is that I’m currently doing a little Weight Watchers trial, and I love low low in points these really are for how yummy and satisfying they are! The way I made them, I believe they are about 4 smart-points for two large-ish leaves and scoops. Not a bad lunch! (make sure you calculate how many points your recipe turns out to be)
Disclaimer: I tend to not follow recipes to the T…. so my recipes that I post on here are also sort of set up in that same manner of allowing the cook to “feel” your way through making these. You have insticts! Use your judgement when it comes to everything. If you can use only 1 tablespoon of mayo and it’s the consistency you like, then stop there! Etc… Hope this helps!
- 2-3 cups Pre-cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 container of fat-free plain greek yogurt
- 2-3 T. mayonnaise (can use light, if you'd like) or to taste
- 1-2 T. curry powder
- 1 t. turmeric (optional, but healthy!)
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4-1/2 c. cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 apple, chopped
- 1/4 c raisins (optional) - i didn't use these, but you can if you want it a little sweeter
- 1/3 c. cashews, chopped (or any nut you enjoy)
- 1 T. lemon juice (or to taste)
- salt and pepper to taste
How To Create This Masterpiece
- Break up the rotisserie chicken into small pieces (I use my hands, but you could chop with a knife), and put in a medium bowl. Add all the other ingredients and stir to combine. That's it! Keep in the refrigerator until ready to eat (flavors become even better over time). Serve alone, on a great big yummy salad, or on butter leaves, as shown.