‘Miracle’ Veggie Soup
I have been making this soup for years now. It’s a SUPER way to get all the servings of vegetables that we’re supposed to get daily. It’s very low calorie, and almost no fat. The best part is that you can play around with the recipe, throwing in vegetables that you happen to have on hand or like more than others. It’s super flexible! So have fun playing! And let me know how it turns out for you!
My favorite way to get in your veggies! Makes a lot of soup for you to store in your refrigerator and heat up as needed. Easy peasy!
- 8 cups of low-sodium beef or chicken broth (I personally love beef)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes (fire roasted is a fun twist)
- 1 T. of tomato paste
- 3 c. cabbage cut into small “shreds”
- 2 c. broccoli or cauliflower cut small (cauliflower has a milder taste in the soup)
- 3/4 of a yellow onion cut into small pieces
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic chopped (I love garlic J)
- 2 carrot cut into small pieces
- 2 zucchini cut into small wedges
- Fresh green beans are great to add too
- 1 T. dried basil
- 1 T. dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- a dash of olive oil
- 1 t. crushed red pepper (optional - to add a kick to the soup! Great for colds) :)
How To Create This Masterpiece
- Put carrots, onion, and garlic in the bottom of a large soup pot with the dash of olive oil (you shouldn't need much if the pan is non-stick).
- Sauté the carrot, onion, and garlic until softened (about 2 minutes) being careful not to burn them.
- Add all the other ingredients except for the zucchini and mix well.
- Bring soup to a boil.
- Once boiling, simmer on low for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add zucchini chunks and simmer for another 4 to 5 minutes. And you’re done!
Thanks for Stopping By WittyGourmet.com
The Paleo Approach: Reverse Autoimmune Disease, Heal Your Body